Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Share the Love Wednesdays: Take Heart Canada

This weeks interview was with Deb from TakeHeartCanada!



Q. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
A. I am a home daycare provider and mom of two amazing girls, in love with all of my life's blessings. I have had a lifelong passion for creating and crafting that I come by naturally as I was raised with love by knitters, sewers and crafters who passed on their love of creating things for themselves and others. I am forever grateful and inspired by their passion. 
Q. Tell us more about your shop and the kinds of things that you sell? 
A. I sell a variety of items made from felt roving including wool dryer balls, hand felted comfort hearts, teapot trivets and DIY kits for felt ball creations. I also make metal free earrings which are the perfect solution for sensitive little ears that long to wear cute fashionable earrings. The clear slip on style or plastic post style are both light and gentle for little ones and are non-allergenic. The slip on style slip easily over the earlobe and kids say they can't even feel that they are wearing earrings unlike most metal clip on style earrings that pinch and feel heavy. 

Q. What made you first start selling on Etsy?

A. Etsy is the place to sell handmade items to a world wide marketplace. I was often asked at shows where my items could be purchased and it was the easiest way to allow my customers to purchase my items online. I've been a long time Etsy shopper and it was an exciting day when I opened my own store!

Q. What was the first thing that you sold? 

A. My first sale on Etsy was 3 sets of plastic post earrings. It was the best feeling knowing that someone else had a use for what I was creating. 

Q. Your earrings are so adorable! What is your favourite one to create? 
A. It is honestly too difficult for me to pick just one. I will create a new set of earrings and gush over my new favorite until I create my next one. I was telling my husband just the other day that I honestly love the products that I make. I get great satisfaction out of creating the products that others will enjoy. Right now my new favorites are definitely anything that reminds me of spring; bright colours, flowers and butterflies! 

Q. Do you have a favourite time of day that you prefer to do your creative work? 

A. I love to create at night when my girls are asleep and I have me time. Me time is my creative time. My girls wake up in the morning and are always excited to see what I made the night before.

Q. Where else can people find you? i.e. facebook, twitter, pinterest etc.
www.takeheartcanada.com 
www.facebook.com/takeheartcanada
www.twitter.com/TakeHeartCanada
www.pinterest.com/deb_e_whitfield/take-heart-canada/

Q. Is there anything else that you want people to know about you or your shop?
A. We love what we do and we love our products and really hope that everyone who buys our products love them as much as we do.




Thank you Deb for taking the time to do this interview!  

No comments:

Post a Comment