Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Share the Love Wednesdays: Creative Wedding Invitations

This week I had the pleasure to interview Cathy Brooks from Creative Wedding Invitations!  







Q. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
A. I am a designer and artist. I make hand made wedding invitations made to order to the couple's specifications. I also work as an educational assistant and own a health and wellness business.
I have been married for 34 years and have 2 grown daughters.

How long have you been making wedding invitations? 
A. I have been making wedding invitations for about a year. I have been making greeting cards for years but I decided to make a business out of my hobby.

What is your inspiration?
A. The couple sends me examples of what they like and I try to use their ideas to make something unique to them. I also look at other sites like Pinterest and Etsy for creative ideas.



Which invitation is your favourite and why?
A. I really enjoy making same-sex wedding invitations because there aren't many for gay couples to choose from so I can really be creative. 

Q. What time of day do you do most of your creating?
A. I work at a high school during the day and work on my invitations in my studio on weekends and evenings. I am fortunate to have summers off so I work then too.

Q. What made you start selling on Etsy?
A. I didn't know where to start selling my greeting cards so a friend suggested Etsy. I love the social part of Etsy and opened up a vintage shop too.

Q. Do you have a work space that you do your work at?
A. I have a large studio in the basement of my house. My husband put some shelving, a long table and good lighting for me.

Q. Where else can people find you? i.e. facebook, twitter, pinterest etc.
Website: www.creativeweddinginvitationsbycathybrooks.com/
Blog: creativeweddinginvitationsbycb.wordpress.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/CreativeWeddingInvitationsbyCathyBrooks
Twitter: www.twitter.com/cathy_brooks

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/cathybrooks11

Q. Is there anything else that you want people to know about you or your shop?
A. Couples appreciate that each invitation is laser printed and hand-stamped one at a time by me. They also like that although the process takes a couple of months, my deadlines are much more flexible than some larger companies. 





Thank you Cathy for telling us a little bit more about your shop!  It was a pleasure to interview you and we wish you all the luck in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment